So you decided that you were wanting to build your new home instead of trying to find an available listing. One of the first things that you will need to have in order to build a house is to have a full set of house blueprints. These are necessary in order to be able to do any type of planning. This includes deciding on the lot size, which contractors and subcontractors you will want to work with.
What should every checklist have on it when ordering a set of house plans?
Before you can get started with your house building project you need to get your house plans drawn up. These plans are necessary for your building contractor to be able to get started with the construction of your home. In order to get your plans drawn up, you need to decide on several things. This will help the drafter who will be drawing up your house plans and blueprints.
You can use the list below as a checklist of the things you should be ready to discuss with the drafter in order to finalize your house plans.
What things should be on your house plan checklist
- Number bedrooms in your home – One of the most important features of any house is the number of bedrooms in the house. You need to come up with the right number of full bedrooms and how big each one should be. Remember siblings can only share a room until they become teenagers and then you need a plan to expand.
- Number of bathrooms do you want in your home
- Size of the bathrooms. Be sure that you have a powder room (2-piece) on the main floor, shared bathroom (3-piece), and ensuite (3 or 4 pieces).
- The number of common living spaces do you want – The large family/living room is generally right off the kitchen and dining room in open concept design.
- You also should consider whether you want a dedicated office instead of taking over one of the children’s room.
- Do you want an eat-in kitchen – For many families the kitchen turns out to be the first priority even before the bedrooms and bathrooms. This is because the kitchen, it turns out is the center of the house. You need to be sure it is large enough for entertaining and to have more than two people in it at the same time.
- Do you want a single or two-story house – When it comes to deciding whether you want a single-story range style home or a two-story massive house.
- You also need to decide if you want the master suite on the first floor and the rest of the bedrooms on the upper floor.
- You can also choose the single-story and all of the bedrooms are on the main floor.
Where to find blueprint examples to get ideas from?
One of the best ways to find examples of house blueprints in order to get ideas for your own is online. The dozens of websites available that offer tips and ideas that anyone can use. There are websites that have many different examples and samples of blueprints where you can go to get ideas that you can use for your own home blueprints.
Where to look for a blueprint?
When it is time to have the plans drawn up for your home you have a number of options:
- You find a local architectural firm that specializes in home design near you or
- You can go online and search for a business that offers the same thing.
Either way, you will want to be sure that you do some checking around before you settle on which company to use. There are plenty of ways to look at the company to see if they are well respected and will do a good job.